- The age to start taking RMDs increases to age 73 in 2023 and to 75 in 2033.
- The penalty for failing to take an RMD will decrease to 25% of the RMD amount, from 50% currently, and 10% if corrected in a timely manner for IRAs.
- Starting in 2024, RMDs will no longer be required from Roth accounts in employer retirement plans.
- Catch-up contributions will increase in 2025 for 401(k), 403(b), governmental plans, and IRA account holders.
- Defined contribution retirement plans will be able to add an emergency savings account associated with a Roth account.